OnLoad Problem in Netscape

From: Ravindra Sharma <rsharma@marketfirst.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:19:30 -0700
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hi,

I facing following problems with IE and Netscape browsers.

1. Problem With netscape browser: I have written a OnLoad function to change
some hidden fields and label of buttons in the document. BUT if
resize the netscape browser window it somehow refresh the document
and assigns the original value back to those fields and labels
to those buttons and DOES NOT CALL THE OnLoad FUNCTION AGAIN.
	This is big problem for me. How do I remove this problem?

IE does not have problem with this.

2. Problem With IE: I have button which has onClick function. At run time
I want to change the onClick function at runtime (i.e. after page
is loaded). Netscape allows to change as follows (in OnLoad function):

document.forms[0].button_name.onClick = newOnClickHandler;

But the same thing does not work under IE. Is that anyway to achieve
the same behavior in IE.

Thanks,
-ravi