RE: 404 errors, Search Engines, and a new meta-tag

At 10:44 PM 7/9/99 -0500, David Norris wrote:

>Now, on a more interesting note.  I have a suggestion which would only
>require you to convince all of the 60+ million server admins instead of the
>300+ million web users.  Why not specify some means for web servers to
>automatically notify web search engines of bad urls?

Sorry for the late reply... this would be an appropriate topic for the
robots list, since it has to do with crawling.  The list is at
"listserv@mccmedia.com" and uses the usual Listserv commands.  There's a
discussion now of how to make robots more polite.

Nick