Re: Circles instead of rectangles in XML?

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:34:36 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
At 6:17a -0800 01/23/99, Richard Savill wrote:
>Will it be be possilble to create circular (or custom shape) attributes,
>instead of the usual  rectangles (e.g. height and width) for image and table
>attributes in XML?

Non-rectangular table? Sounds like a contradiction in terms. :)

But if you're talking about irregular text wrapping like page layout programs
do, then we'd need an image format which could specify the bounding region
around the [non-transparent] main image, or some special kind of <object>
having a parameter to describe the bounding polygon.

-Walter