Re: browser versions

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:27:18 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
At 12:41p -0800 01/13/99, Aaron Kores wrote:
>Creating new standards is great, but making those new
>standards while removing the old ones is not a good idea. Somewhere someone
>is not going to upgrade to Netscape 4.07 when their version of 3.01 is
>working fine. Isn't there a way to improve the code while leaving the
>existing source active for the earlier browser versions?

Well, this is what sets the caring webmasters apart from the uncaring or
ignorant ones. I've seen <BUTTON> used, but that webmaster didn't stop to
think that maybe 90% of visitors would be unable to submit the form.
As for using deprecated tags, you may certainly choose to do so -- just be
sure to weigh all the pros and cons before making the decision.

Hey, does anyone know where to find out which browser supports what? I was
looking through the browserwatch site but couldn't find anything, so it must
be somplace else. Anyone have a URL? TIA...

-Walter