Re: HTML tag addition suggestion, to "solve" future browser display problems

From: George Lund <george@lundboox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:54:47 +0000
To: www-html@w3.org
Brian Schweitzer <brianfreud@yahoo.com> wrote...
>As I see it, one of the biggest problems HTML is facing (if not the
>biggest) is the lack of a guarantee that the document will be seen as
>it was intended to be seen.

The whole point of HTML is that there is no guarantee that a page will
look remotely similar on any two platforms at all.  Indeed, that a page
I create will be able to adapt to many different situations is why I use
HTML and not, for example, MS Word.  The issues you raise should be
dealt with via style sheets if at all.

--
George Lund