Re: <div align=justify> ?

David Birdsall wrote:

>Does the <div> tag allow you to format text, so that it is justified
>across the page, instead of the usual left, right and centre alignments?

	No.  It does not exist (at least to my knowledge, and if it does it
shouldn't) because the DIV element was designed for use with CSS.  Since
CSS would be doing all of the formating, why should the DIV element be
given more attributes to become redundent.  Text alignment tags have been
deprecated from HTML to seperate between structure and appearence.  This is
also why we are moving into XML.

>If there isn't, I think it would be nicer if there was, for readability
>and neatness' sake alone.

	The redundency would  make your document all the harder to read.
The beauty of CSS is that you only have to define the appearence of
somellthing once, so that your HTML represents the structure of your
document, making it easier to read.

Red Bird Island Productions
Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/orlando/~redbird/