Re: Voyager /HTML element & attribute names should be UPPER-CASE.

From: <ptorr@vantsys.com.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:36:07 +1000
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org

>I use a styled text editor because I like even more style control, and
>also because 99% of web editors spew out horrid code, and when you try
>to tell the developers about the program bugs, they flip you off and
>actually attempt to justify their program's behavior. Granted that is
>not HTML's fault, but it is current reality. And so I code by hand.

Like I'd actually touch a WYSIWYG tool with a 10-foot barge pole :-). Of
course they have limitations (bugs) - and VIntDev is no exception. I use it
exclusively in "Source" modem.

>Notice I didn't say easier to type, I said easier to *maintain*.
>And hey, I can type it <html> and then hit Cmd-] to uppercase it.
>I used to prefer lower case tags, but now when I edit an old page,
>I select the tags and hit that key combo to make 'em upper case.

So what you really need is an editor that, on loading, converts all tags /
attributes / etc. to upper-case, but when saving writes them all back as
lower case. That keeps you - and the standard - happy.

And I'm thinking this thread is now bordering on being off-topic for the
list...

Peter