Re: Line feeds in PRE blocks

From: Inanis Brooke <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:27:25 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
|> Also, would the answer to this question involve how the OS renders text,
|> is it entirely dependent upon the web client software? (my curiosity.)
|Only the UA (user agent = web browser) is involved.

If the web client software is the only thing involved, then am I to
understand that the w3c specifies how a UA should react to these conditions,
or is it something undefined?

Also, I have a question as to the character refferenced. For example, I know
that the ANSI character for starting a new line of text is not supported in
ASCII, or at least, I gather that from seeing those annoying rectangular
blocks where there should be line breaks on some text documents in windows
Is the character you're asking about specific to a certain ISO text spec? Am
I so unknowledgable about this that what I try to say doesn't make any
Sorry to be so stupid, this all interests me, and I'd like to be as smart as
all of you are on the subject... :)

Daniel [inanis]