Re: MS gets CSS patent?

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:46:14 -0700
To: "Inanis Brooke" <alatus@earthlink.net>, "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
hi,
  looks like time for another dark day this time for the day that
a snake entered paradise..:)
At 11:24 PM 2/5/99 -0800, Inanis Brooke wrote:
>Could somebody please confirm or deny: Does Microsoft, as of January 12,
>1999, have a U.S. patent which includes CSS?
>
>Or to rephrase, does patent number 5860073 (linked below) include CSS?
>
>Read the items linked below for info.
>

>|I would have also forwarded this to the CSS list, but almost everyone on is
>|is probably also on this one as well. What is going on here? How could MS
>|get away with this?
>|
>http://www.patents.ibm.com/patlist?icnt=US&patent_number=5860073
>
>||Microsoft Awarded Style Sheet Patent
>||<http://webreview.com/wr/pub/1999/02/05/style/index.html>
>||Who Owns the Patent to Style Sheets?
>||<http://webreview.com/wr/pub/1999/02/05/style/index2.html>
>||Later,
>||Lawrence
>||<http://tr.pair.com>
>||-------
>||The Web Standards Project
>||http://www.webstandards.org
>||Send a blank email to: standards-off@mercury.projectcool.com
>||Hosting donated by Project Cool, Inc. http://www.projectcool.com

Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available