Timid Newcomer Humbly Seeks Guidance

From: John Herring <jhherring@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:30:01 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Please don't flame me if I'm in the wrong place. I'm looking for the right
place. Maybe you can help me find it?

I'm a working web designer who first noticed something "lacking" in HTML a few
years ago, something that would really help and would be easy to implement.
I've never seen/heard it discussed anywhere, and I'm wondering where/how I
might suggest it to the right people to get it considered. If the idea isn't
too terrible, maybe someone could tell me how such ideas get submitted to the
Official Body That Decides Web-Related Things. I'll even discuss it here if
it's the right place to do so.

Thanks for your help.

jhherring@yahoo.com