Re: How to access web just like Browser

From: Nir Dagan <nir@nirdagan.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:12:42 -0500
To: Hongbing zhang <cd_weiwei@yahoo.com>, www-html@w3.org
This is realy an HTTP question rather than an HTML question.
You can find more on HTTP in http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

As for your specific question, your request
GET /xxx/ HTTP/1.0
Host: www.xxxx.com

is quite valid. The response with a 302 status code means that the
resourse is available at the URL
stated in the location header:

302 Found
Location: http://www.yyy.org/xxx/

So you can issue a new request for that URL.

At 11:39 AM 12/20/99 -0800, Hongbing zhang wrote:
>   I tried to access web using my own C codes,but for
>some sites I cannot get right response after I sent
>   I used such request command:
>   GET /xxx/ HTTP/1.0
>   Host: www.xxxx.com
>Who know the more about complete request command
>format? For some sites gave me 302 error, how to
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Thousands of Stores.  Millions of Products.  All in one place.
>Yahoo! Shopping: http://shopping.yahoo.com
Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics
Brown University