Min Max

From: Patrice Calve <patrice.calve@cactuscom.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:47:36 -0500
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Hello everyone,

I really like the discussions so far.  Sometimes it gets a little bit out of
focus an to much personal, but its part of it all.

Alright, my turn.  Is there an attribute that would mimic a MIN or MAX
width/height?  At some occasions, it would be great if it was possible to
limit a width of some objects...  A cell in particular.

Something like:
<TD MinWidth="200">

<TD MaxWidth="250">

<HR MinWidth="200">

etc.

There is trick to go around the Minimum Width.  Just add a 1 pixel high and
200 pixels wide transparent gif inside a cell and the cell will be at least
that width.  But there is no max limit.

What are your thoughts about this idea.

Thanks

Patrice Calve