Re: SUGGESTION FOR IMPLEMENTATION

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 17:14:16 +0900
To: srikanthjoshi@yahoo.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Srikanth Joshi <srikanthjoshi@yahoo.com> wrote:

> When I was working on an application to develop
> technical manual of some equipment, which were finally
> to be posted on the net for reference, I found a
> limitation of HTML.
>
> Scanning information whether it is text or diagrams or
> pictures there is no problems. But when it comes to
> the circuit daiagrams I faced severe problems. Some of
> the circuit diagrams are so big,that after scanning
> and posting on the page they become unreadable. I
> COULD NOT ZOOM THEM.

W3C is working on the Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), a language
for describing two-dimensional vector and mixed vector/raster
graphics in XML.  As its name says, it's designed to be scalable.
SVG will be an appropriate format to describe graphics like
circuit daiagrams.  You can zoom them.

For more information about SVG, please look at:

    http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG

You can find the latest Working Draft of the SVG specification at:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG

If you have comments on SVG, please send your comments to

    www-svg@w3.org

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org