RE: security problem in emailing HTML

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:30:04 +0100 (MET)
To: www-html@w3.org
On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Piers Williams wrote:

>Oh don't be so childish. There is no reason for treating emails any
>different than web pages

I must admit I dislike HTML in e-mail because they normally consume
(at least) three times as much bandwidth as necessary to give the same
information. And since bandwidth is still a very scarce resource, one
should be a bit more careful how it is used. Since I have never seen an
e-mail where the HTML had any function at all, they shouldn't have wasted
that bandwidth.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Graduate astronomy-student                    Problems worthy of attack