Re: Crawlers indexing with Session-Variable

From: Rainer Jung <rj@no-art.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:37:44 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
+--[ Walter Ian Kaye ]--[ walter@natural-innovations.com ]
| >  > I have a small www-site, using a session-variable in each link.
| >You're using URLs to specify state. This is bad. There's nothing
| >specifically prohibiting you to do this, but if you want to specify
| >state you can either use
| >(a) HTTP POST (for one-off jobs mostly)
| >(b) HTTP Cookies (better)
| Or do like I'm planning to do on a future site, which is to only use
| "personalized" URLs upon logging in. If you don't log in, then you get
| just the "plain" URLs (which will work for robots, etc.).

Well, i need the session-variable even, if the user does not login.
Just believe, that i know, what i make.
Don't you think, the idea about telling a crawler how to change the
uri could not be a nice idea?

	Rainer
--

   Rainer Jung                |  I always have fun because I'm
   jura0011@fh-karlsruhe.de   |  out of my mind!!!