help with alphabetized guestbook

From: Wendy Miller <wink@abts.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 08:46:17 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hi all,

    I found a site containing a cgi script for a guest book type application
that alphabetizes the entries.   I've copied the code and fiddled with it
but can't figure out how the alphabetization works.   In other words, I
can't get it to work for me.  Does anyone have any advice or a solution or a
ready made script source for this type of web page?   The URL is
http://www.southbendtribune.com/local/communityindex.html.

Thanks,

Wendy Miller
wink@abts.net