Re: Navigation Tag, extend link

From: Christian Ottosson <f95-cot@f.kth.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:30:25 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hi, I think <link> is the best solution to the discussed problem, but maybe
it can be improved to express hierarchy.

It is quite popular and very useful to show the hierarchy of the site on
the top of the pages. Something like this:

corporation > company > department > project > product

with links to appropiate places. It would be nice to represent this
hierarchy with link elements instead.

Something like this in the link elements:

rel="hierarchy1"
rel="hierarchy2"

or:

rel="parent" level="1"
rel="parent" level="2"

or:

rel="parent" distance="1"
rel="parent" distance="2"

I have not thought very much about the syntax, it is the concept I am
concerned about. Any thought?

--
Christian Ottosson
http://www.f.kth.se/~f95-cot/