RE: Navigation Tag

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:27:12 +0100 (MET)
To: Sean Healy <jalopeura@hotmail.com>
cc: www-html@w3.org
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Sean Healy wrote:

>When I first read the HTML specs and learned about LINK, I was using
>Netscape 2.something, and I was hoping that the new versions would have
>support for this potentially useful tag.

Yeah, I have a hard time understanding why it wasn't implemented. Instead
of having all kinds of links on the page itself, the browser could have
had a small panel for navigation. It's the old tag soup again, I guess...

>Does anyone know of any browser that supports this?

Lynx does, at least. html2ps <URL:http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html>
can use information from LINK elements.

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Graduate astronomy-student                    Problems worthy of attack