Re: Tag Soup (was: FW: XHTML)

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:37:10 -0800
To: <www-html@w3.org>
--This won't work.  Frontpage routinely inserts bogus doctype declarations
in its extrusions.  So do HotDog and any number of equally bogotic "HTML
editors".  Netscape Composer in its RTFM-challenged excellence elects to
convert everything to lower case too.  The lesson here is that familiarity
breeds comtempt.--

But those are doctype declations for html, not xhtml.

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but I thought XML documents had to be
well-formed...
I thought it would also follow that xhtml documents would also have a
similar necessity. I also thought that part of a document being well-formed
is it having a doctype declaration...
Am I mistaken?

Daniel