RE: accented characters, etc.

> From:	François Yergeau [SMTP:yergeau@alis.com]
>
> That's the theory.  Unfortunately, most current browsers will refuse to
> display &#xxxx; if character xxxx is not part of the repertoire of the
> character encoding of the document.  For instance, putting 山 in an
> ISO Latin-1 document will not result in a Han character being displayed in

	Netscape 4.x has problems with anything higher than 255,
	however IE 4.01 displays this character, provided that you
	have installed one of the optional Chinese fonts.

	Rather than a single font, it seems to have different fonts
	for different parts of the Unicode range - I don't know haow htis
	interacts with <font> elements and style sheet font families.

	The character you used looks somewhat like this:

	|   |
	|   |   |
	|   |   |
	|   |   |