RE: Maximum number of characters to transfer from browser to serv er

> From:	Van Tolhuyzen Koen [SMTP:Koen.VanTolhuyzen@cronos.be]
>
> What is the maximum number of chars I can send from the browser to the
> server ?
> I was told that the GET method has a limit of 1024 chars and that POST is
> unlimited but it seems that this is also limited (I stopped trying at
> something around 4000 chars)

	This is not an HTML question.

	However the draft of the HTTP specification that I have
	says that servers SHOULD accept indefinitely long URLs,
	but it is inadvisable to rely on an old client being able
	to handle more than 255 bytes.

	More precisely, servers MUST accept the full length of
	all URLs referencing resources in the server and SHOULD
	accept indefinitely long URLs if they serve forms that
	could generate them.