New HTML/TABLE/TD attribute: BLEND

From: <per.andersson@cherry.se>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 04:46:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi!

I've got a suggestion for an addition to the TABLE/TD tag: BLEND.
It would affect the background of the table cell in that way that it
takes two or more colors and perform a color blend ranging between the
colors. It could also have a DIRECTION directive, specifying horizontal
or vertical blend.

A lot of people are using images to make this effect but in my opinion
it's a waste of bandwith, it would be great to have this in HTML
instead.

Thanks,
Per Andersson
pelle@netentertainment.com