RE: Geographic tagging of HTML pages - draft-daviel-html-geo-tag-00.txt

From: (wrong string) én <cyner@home.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:27:35 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
>Do we have a coordinate system for extraterrestrial (dang that's a hard word
>to type!) locations?  I don't have any star-mapping software, so I have no
>idea if there are any standards for that (I love Star Trek tho'...;).
>I wonder how it would handle still-expanding space... <g>

Sure thing. But you guys can't be serious on these META tags!?! It's like
reading a comic book!

Anyway, a three-dimensional euclidian coordinate system would definetly not
suffice in outer space (ever heard of the general theory of relativity?).
Then we would have to include a fourth dimension, time. And, thanks to
gravity, we would have to switch to a special coordinate system developed
by Riemann (in the euclidian coordinate systems all axis are parallel
everywhere, and in Riemann's they can be differently bent everywhere). So,
please, stay on earth.

  Christian Davén
  cyner@home.se
  hem2.passagen.se/cyner