Re: Future browser types

From: Cultimo <jeroen-g@bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 98 14:53:49 -0000
To: "Murray Macdonald" <murray@mha.ca>, <www-html@w3.org>
>If you're a flash-freak please don't send me your flames.  I'm happy for
>you that you love your tool.  I just have to make practical discussions
>for a living and satisfy clients who want millions of happy web site
>visitors who can interact with their dynamic online e-commerce systems.
>I wish flash were capable and supported.

No flames, no no no. I was just curious what people were thinking about
the subject and wether or not people on this list think it had any
future.

I like the way flash-sites look and sometimes I even think it could be
the future (or something that lookes like that because it gives one that
SiFi feeling), but I'm not an advocate of the technology or a
flash-freak. I'm sory I made you think that.

Right now I am taking part in the development of a flash site as a
textwriter and after some experiments and discussion it was decided that
the text part of the site wil be plain old-fashioned HTML pages  opened
in a new window because it must be possible to update the content
quickly. I think that speakes for itself.

I like the thorough awnser you have given on the topic and in a way it
confirms the way I feel about the technology.

Jeroen Goulooze