Re: Lynx capabilities

From: Rob Partington <rjp@riffraff.plig.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 04:36:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: walter@natural-innovations.com (Walter Ian Kaye)
Cc: www-html@w3.org, lynx-dev@sig.net
> Well I have seen color support in Lynx, in a hacked version of 2.4.2-FM
> that is used on GEnie (I suppose they haven't upgraded because then they'd
> have to re-hack it). You can run Lynx in "color mode" on Genie, and then

Colour support is present in all current versions of Lynx, and has been
since about 2.6 (if my memory serves me correctly...)

> default colors are used for hyperlinks, selected links, etc. This proves
> that it is possible -- I just want to be able to specify text colors myself
> (as an author). I think this is reasonable.

The latest versions of Lynx support a limited stylesheet - the LSS.
Basically you can specify foreground and background colours for each
of the elements.  It has rudimentary support for classes as well.

Work is ongoing to support a subset of CSS1.
--
rob partington    personal: <URL: mailto:rob@browser.org >
  programmer     lynx mail: <URL: mailto:lynx@browser.org >