Re: LINK and A

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, John Whelan wrote:

> Along these lines, wouldn't it be nice to have a program that read in
> all of the REV and REL information from a collection of documents,
> constructed a site map, and then put in reciprocal links where they
> didn't exist, according to the following rules

[snip: fairly sensible rules]

I considered writing a program to do this about a year ago, working
alongside another program that would use REL/REV to figure out the
structure of a site (for various purposes, including to help maintain
integrity and sense). I never actually got round to it, because almost
immediately something else came along (that someone wanted to pay me for
:-), but I still think that a set of tools along these lines would be
useful.

(Upon saying which, someone will pipe up with a really obvious,
high-exposure, free software package that does all this ... please? :-)

James

  James Aylett, dj@insigma.com                    Insigma Technologies Ltd
  Tel: +44 (0)1285 643100                         Norcote Barn     Norcote
  Fax: +44 (0)1285 643600                         Cirencester      GL7 5RH