server side file push

From: George Falcone <gfalcone@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi all,

I am trying to push a file from the web server to a client browser.
I now that I can do this with the "Content-type: mulitpart/mixed"
but when I use this the File that I then push using "Content-type:
Application/octet-stream"
causes the message box on the browser to pup-up asking to open the file
or save the file.
This is what I do want to happen but the name that it gives the file
being download is the
perl program name.  Example the perl program name is "filedownload.pl"
the file name
that shows up in the message box is "filedownload.exe".  is there some
way of passing the
file name that the perl program opens and sends to the browser so that
it would have
original file name in the message box.

thanks,
George Falcone