HTML hints and tips to implement universal pages

From: JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI <JABALTIE@iep-cen.unimep.br>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:55:18 -0300
To: www-html@w3.org

         As most HTML developers, I've found some difficulties on
implementing pages that can really be platform-universal.

         Things such as font sizes, video resolutions, centralization,
pixels and browsers have made me very confuse, I mean, when I fix something to
solve a problem here, another one pops-up there.

         I'd like to purpose the best view of my pages in any browser,
with any resolution or font size. Would it be utopic ?

         Does anyone know any tutorial or resource that would help
me to make my pages really universal ?

         Thanks in advance !

                                Obrigado/Thanks a lot,

                                Jose Adriano Baltieri
                                Analista de Sistemas
                                CPD - CENTRO
                                UNIMEP - Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba
                                PIRACICABA - SP - BRASIL
                                Fone : (019) 430-1884
                                Fax  : (019) 430-1898