Re: Lang attribute missing on element HR

Hello Ian,

I do not exactly remember how we ended up in the contradictory
state that you describe, but your point is well taken. I have
forwarded your comment to the appropriate W3C-internal lists
for further consideration. In particular in connection with the
WAI recommendations, it seems reasonable to allow lang on HR.

Also, you might have come accross the problem that you cannot
give different "lang" attributes to different attributes of the
same element,... For the moment, I would suggest to somehow
wrap your HR into a <DIV> on which you can put lang. In your
case, the ideal way to do this would be to make two <DIV>,
one for the main text and one for the part at the end containing
links and metainformation.

Regards,   Martin.