Re: target attribute.

Garth Wallace wrote:

> Excuse me? CSS positioning does not have the same functionality as
> frames. How on earth would you create a replacement for resizeable
> frames with off-site content using CSS?

CSS positioning is indeed not sufficient to fully replace frames.
However, with CSS positioning and compound documents (using OBJECT) we
are pretty close to it! For sure,
using this many documents using frames today can easily be converted to
non frame based documents. The only thing which is really missing in
this picture is the target mechanism. But as others pointed out it has
drawbacks too (especially pb with bookmarks), so I'm not sure I'd like
to see it being carried along.
--
Arnaud Le Hors - W3C, User Interface Domain - www.w3.org/People/Arnaud