Re: Frames spec & the NOFRAMES tag

Hakon Lie (howcome@w3.org)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 16:56:41 +0100 (MET)

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 16:56:41 +0100 (MET)
To: Stephanos Piperoglou <sp249@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
From: Hakon Lie <howcome@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Frames spec & the NOFRAMES tag

Stephanos Piperoglou writes:

 > I'll repeat my mantra against frames (it's been repeated again and a=
gain on
 > this list...). I think that 99.99% of current applications of frames=
 would
 > be greatly simplified if you could simply define the content of fram=
es
 > within a document, in something like <div style=3D"frame: top">conte=
nt</div>.

The CSS2 Working Draft proposes functionality similar to what you
describe [1]. We are interested in feedback -- please send your
comments to www-style@w3.org.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-CSS2/visuren.html#fixed-positioning

Regards,

-h&kon

H   =E5   k   o   n      W   i   u   m       L   i   e
howcome@w3.org      http://www.w3.org/people/howcome
World     W      i     d     e       Web  Consortium