Re: Composing language descriptions: tree automata and language design?

MURATA Makoto wrote:

> Forest regular expressions provide both schemas and parameterization.
> Forest regular expressions are parameterized; they contain subsitution
> variables that can later be replaced with other forest regular expressions.
> Forest regular expressions are schemas; they are equivalent to forest
> automatons in describing a set of permissible forests.

Something like the Toru Takahashi proposal would allow me to incorporate
MATHML into a parameterized HTML somewhat like this:

<!DOCTYPE MYHTML[
<!MODULE mathml SYSTEM "http://.../mathml.mod">
<!MODULE mod BLOCK-ADDITIONS="MATHML::FORMULA"
	     PHRASE-ADDITIONS="MATHML::MATH"
	SYSTEM "http://.../html.mod">
]>
<MYHTML>...</MYHTML>

(I just invented an extension to make it more readable)

Can you easily come up with an example of how I would use FA's to do the
same?

[Woody Allen on Hollywood in "Annie Hall"]
Annie: "It's so clean down here."
Woody: "That's because they don't throw their garbage away. They make
        it into television shows."