Re: FRAMES and CGI-scripts

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Richard Ian Coates wrote:

> Dear Sofie,
>
> I've been using cgi-script extensively on our site with frames for about
> a month now and don't think we have had any problems. (at least I
> haven't spotted them ... yet!)
> I would be very interested to know if there were any problems in this
> area and, more importantly, whether there was a solution. (as it looks
> as though this may be under the control of the "client's browser
> configuration")
--> Yes, I found a solution with the help of M. Haas and others. Since I
have many links in a frame calling the same script but with different
values, the calls are unique, but it helps to print the results from the
scripts in unique files too, which is what I have done now. If I didn't
automatically generate the contents of the files for the frame it would
have been easier to have unique predefined file-names, but this was
easily solved too.

> The only problem we did get were intermittent "400 Bad Requests" (empty
> page). This was VERY intermittent and occurred only after a "SUBMIT"
> command (rather than the "<A HREF" command) to display a framed screen.
--> I think there are predefined functions for handling cgi-errors that
might help you to solve your problems.

Thanks for the respons!

/sofie

*  Sofie Johansson Kokkinakis		E-mail: sofie@svenska.gu.se   *
*  Systemanalyst/ Ph.D Student		Tel: +46 (0)31 773 4586       *
*  Språkdata, Inst. för svenska språket Fax: +46 (0)31 773 4455       *
*  (Dept. of Swedish Language)					      *
*  Göteborgs universitet					      *
*  S-412 98 GÖTEBORG, Sweden		http://svenska.gu.se/~svesj/  *
*	Computers are not intelligent. They just think they are.      *