RE: footnotes

I assume that you are referring to using footnotes for citations.  I have
investigated the issue a bit.  It seems to me that the current HTML
implementation facilitates citations, at least, as well as other means.  I
haven't found a really clear description of using the citation features in
HTML 4.  It would be nice to find a reference that translates printed
citation habits to HTML markup.  I am curious, myself.  In printed text, a
footnote would need to be printed at the bottom of a page or on a separate
page. In HTML, a link to the footnote can be placed directly into the
element.  Here is a simple example.

<CITE title="John Q. Smith, Esq.">John</CITE> said, <Q lang="en"
cite="citations.html#WhatJohnSaid">HTML's concept is one of vast
complexities, and, minute subtleties.</Q>

I hope that made sense, and, I hope it is relatively correct.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com