A new meta tag

From: Adam <adam@the-site.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Much time and effort can be spent now adays designing a web site, only to notice that a new feature you've spent an age perfecting doesn't work properly at an other resoloution.  One way around this is to make alternative resoloution sites, but with so many new applications (web tv etc) using different resoloutions this isn't really a great option.  I propose some sort of Resoloution Meta tag ie
<META RES="640,480">
allowing the browser to resize images and tables and rescale the document to allow better visability.  Such a tag would be complicated and need in depth testing but I feel it would be highly benifical for future HTML versions.
/-|R
adam@the-site.net
www.the-site.net