Page Expiry Error when using Back-Button on IIS4 running ASP

From: Prince <prince@xenix.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 00:06:12 +0100
To: "www-Html" <www-html@w3.org>
Hey there mateys....

Executing a site search from an asp script returns a number of 'hits' the
user is presented with a list of docs containing the search phrase.

If the user wants to view a summary of the document they click a link and a
link and I show them relevant sections of the document that contain their
search phrase, with the search phrase highlighted.

It all works great.

BUT....

On my server: They hit the Browser Return button, they return to the 'Hit
List'.

On Customers Server: They hit the Browser Return button, they get an error
message saying "The current page has expired, press refresh"  If they do
that they are prompted to re-post form data and then the page is
re-generated.

Both Platforms are IIS4, NT4-SP3, IE4.01, ASP in VBScript

The same scripts are used on both servers, so there must be a setting on the
server that controls how long the 'Hits page' is available.  How on earth do
I change this ?

Prince
Oxford, UK

"Some will, Some won't....I might!!!"