Page break in html table

From: Katonica, Jason <Jason.Katonica@ogs.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:21:21 -0400
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to insert a page break into a HTML table
so that i can control what the print out of a table on my web site looks
like.  I want the table to be one continuous table when viewed from the web
browser (IE4) but i want to control what parts get printed on seperate
pages.  Maybe the solution is to use a hidden character?  The main problem
is that when my table is printed it will page break in the middle of a line
of text.  Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jay