Re: Tooltips vs. ALT in IMG (was Re: Questionable implementation of

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:14:09 -0500

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 15:14:09 -0500
To: "Rob" <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Cc: Colin F Reynolds <colin@bespin.demon.co.uk>, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Tooltips vs. ALT in IMG (was Re: Questionable implementation  of

=7FRob felt an urge to reveal at 6:19 AM -0000 on 1/24/98:

> How to assign CLASSes and IDs to an attribute rather than an element in
> CSS I don't know. Has that been thought about yet?

As far as I know, you *can't*. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I
remember someone wanting to be able to use stylesheets to affect the
appearance of attribute-based information...Oh, I remember now...to be able
to affect the appearance of text based on the LANG attributes...

[           Jordan Reiter                             ]
[           mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[  "It's well known that dead people are all sick     ]
[   because they're too depressing."                  ]
[   -- from http://www.icemcfd.com/cgi-bin/make_flame ]