A frame question

Kari Sammo (kari@sammo.pp.fi)
Sun, 07 Dec 1997 20:24:22 +0200

Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 20:24:22 +0200
From: Kari Sammo <kari@sammo.pp.fi>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: A frame question

My question is quite simple, but the answer... Haven't found yet, so:

Let's say that I have a starting page (frameset) with two frames: title
(top) and everything else (bottom). I have now couple of links referring
to pages somewhere out there. Now, what I want is that my title frame
stays there, intact, no matter what commands - on frames also! - are in
HTML code of the linked pages. Now the situation is that if the linked
page (frameset) has TARGET="_parent" in a link, that new frameset takes
over the whole screen.

In other words: does HTML provide a way to keep my title frame intact
from these frameset attacks from outer world ;-)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Kari Sammo

Kari Sammo tmi
Turku/Helsinki, Finland