Re: Question re Deprecation

At 04:42 PM 26/02/98 -0800, Lisa Pease wrote:
>I noticed that the U element is deprecated now, just as ACCESSKEY has been
>added as an attribute. So to underline a letter to represent an accesskey in
>a form, I'd have to type:
>
><SPAN STYLE="text-decoration:underline">H</SPAN>obbies

The browser itself should indicate the presence of the access key.  If the
author were to underline the access key, the majority of users, whose
browsers do not support ACCESSKEY, would be somewhat confused.  As well,
different operating systems have different methods of indicating an access
key; not all use underlining.

--
Liam Quinn