Re: BORDER, HSPACE, and VSPACE values

Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor (roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:09:54 -0500 (EST)

Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:09:54 -0500 (EST)
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: BORDER, HSPACE, and VSPACE values

>The HTML 4.0 Transitional DTD [1] gives %Length as a value for BORDER and
>%Pixels as a value for HSPACE/VSPACE.  However, the text [2] of the
>Recommendation states that the BORDER value is in pixels and the
>HSPACE/VSPACE value is a length.  Shouldn't all three attributes have
>pixel values?
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd
>[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/objects.html#h-13.7

Was this ever addressed.  I'd like to know the answer as well.  In a
related note, why is %Pixel defined as CDATA and not NUMBER?

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"