More ideas...

From: Inanis Brooke <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 21:38:15 -0800
To: "w3c html" <www-html@w3.org>
Why doesn't the W3C write plugins / activeX controls which "patch" a
browser's support for HTML4, CSS, XML, etc., much in the way Sun made a
plugin replacing the browser's proprietary Java engine with Sun's standard
Java engine?
Has the W3C done something like this already? I think thatif web browsers
these days are becoming as modular as they claim to be, then such steps
would be very helpful toward bringing the web to one standard... (Can't you
just see the marketing: one web, one standard.)
Maybe I'm just naive or something... what does everyone else think?
Daniel (inanis)(edf?)