Re: "Reformulating HTML in XML," W3C-WD Dec. 5 1998 (Did I miss this?)

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:24:02 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
At 12:11p -0800 12/19/98, Bloo wrote:

>     The HTML working group has published its first working draft. The
>draft WD-html-in-xml describes a reformulation of HTML4 in XML, providing
>namespaces for HTML4 strict, transitional and frameset, along with
>associated document type definitions, and guidelines for authoring HTML
>in XML for delivery as text/html and text/xml. Your comments are
>welcomed on the mailing list: www-html@w3.org (archive). Please include
>WD-html-in-xml in the subject line.
>-----
>
>FYI and hope I am not rehashing well known information,
>
>-Brian
>
>[1] <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html-in-xml/>

Thought I'd also mention that this document is *itself* XML, and despite
the server identifying it as text/html, MSIE 4.01 for MacOS apparently
looks at the top of the file and decides otherwise, downloading it to disk
instead of displaying it directly. Just another FYI...

-Walter
 reading the downloaded copy