Re: "Reformulating HTML in XML," W3C-WD Dec. 5 1998 (Did I miss this?)

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:24:02 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
At 12:11p -0800 12/19/98, Bloo wrote:

>     The HTML working group has published its first working draft. The
>draft WD-html-in-xml describes a reformulation of HTML4 in XML, providing
>namespaces for HTML4 strict, transitional and frameset, along with
>associated document type definitions, and guidelines for authoring HTML
>in XML for delivery as text/html and text/xml. Your comments are
>welcomed on the mailing list: www-html@w3.org (archive). Please include
>WD-html-in-xml in the subject line.
>FYI and hope I am not rehashing well known information,
>[1] <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html-in-xml/>

Thought I'd also mention that this document is *itself* XML, and despite
the server identifying it as text/html, MSIE 4.01 for MacOS apparently
looks at the top of the file and decides otherwise, downloading it to disk
instead of displaying it directly. Just another FYI...

 reading the downloaded copy