RE: Hyperlinks in OBJECT inclusions

I need more (less?) caffeine; host.html would be replaced.

As for the desirability, I think that replacing the object itself would be
more natural on the surface.  But, beyond what I think, it would probably
require a bit of research to find the best possible solution.  There are
three possibilities.  Either replace the entire canvas, the object location,
or open a new window in a GUI.  Opening another window is not likely a good
idea.  So, that leaves the two original thoughts.

The common behavior, like IE, seems to be a good way to go.  That is,
replacing the entire canvas with the link followed.  As it removes you from
the former environment.  OBJECT, when used with HTML, generally would be
referencing something in some other web.  (i.e. A news article that comments
on a press release from some big company could include the press release as
an object.)  By following a link in that other web; you would be removed
from the current web, and, thrust into that other environment.

Perhaps some method of specifying the behavior would be prudent.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com