Re: MusicML?

From: Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 16:18:57 +0200
To: msh210@is7.nyu.edu
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Cc: kaj@interbizz.se

 MH> Okay, so we've got MathML, and we've got the  HTML3 MATH tag. How
 MH> about a MusicML?

 [ ... ]

 MH> Comments? Suggestions?

I think it would be a better idea to use an existing music format
(check out Rosegarden [1] and LilyPond [2]. Take the internal format
from one of those, and register it for a content type (something like
applikation/music-notation or audio/notated or something (audio is
probably not a good idea, since the notation should be displayed on
screen or printed, not played by the UA)).  Then use the OBJECT tag to
refer to the music.

// Rasmus

[1] http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masjpf/rose.html
[2] http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/hanwen/lilypond/