RE: Readonly Textarea

The readonly attribute is not implemented by any browsers...yet.

To achieve the same effect write some javascript for the onenter event of the
textarea. When the user clicks on the field just focus them on another field,
or unfocus the mouse.

On 10-Aug-98 chip etrak wrote:
> I am trying to create a read only textarea.  The information I have says to
> use the ReadOnly attribute in the Text area tag.  Something like this I
> assume <textarea name="whatever" Readonly> this doesn't work.  Any help
> would be appriciated.
>
> thanks
> chip

---
Nicholas Sydenham <nsydenham@dera.gov.uk>
DERA Malvern
Subtlety is the art of saying what you think...
and getting out of the way before it is understood.
The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.