Re: OBJECT, inheritance, and rendering

Todd Fahrner wrote:

>This is precisely the potential application of OBJECT that prompted this
>for generic client-side inclusion, as robust as any of the many server-side
>techniques being used; I suggested OBJECT, and the rest is thread.

Seems reasonable at first glance. So, if text/plain is inserted into an HTML
document via OBJECT, it then would be presented according to the style rules
at the point of insertion and could contain HTML markup that would be
honored?

But if the purpose of OBJECT is to nest something independent of the
enclosing document within its own subwindow, then the text should be
rendered in the OBJECT window precisely the same way the UA would render the
text file were it not nested. To do otherwise would compromise the integrity
of OBJECT.

A text/html OBJECT sized by default will be as deep as necessary to hold its
content, yes? So, client-side inclusions of text/html should be doable with
OBJECT as long as both including and included documents are authored with
this in mind.

David Perrell