Re: Image Map

From: nir dagan <dagan@upf.es>
Date: Sat Aug 1 10:57:00 1998
To: cooks@gte.net
Cc: www-html@w3.org
You can control highlightening of image maps using
AREA:link
AREA:visited
AREA:hover
AREA:active
as selectors in your style sheet.

Then assign different background colors, and have the
image serving as a map be with transparent regions.

CSS2 defines :hover and :active applicable to all elements,
and :link and :visited to those that serve as links in
the document language.

I addressed this issue also in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/1998Jul/0040.html

Regards