controlling background placement && turning off bkgrd tiling

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr@altavista.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:23:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Everyone,
           Trying to get this clear in the mind. Is there a way to
           control background images on a page so that you can layer
           their placement or quadrant including default painting for
	    browsers that do not load backgrounds. Also since this has
           long since left the braincells is their a way to get a
           background image not to tile but take image and turn off
           tiling of image used as background. I am sure there is but
           can't seem to remember for the life of me:'(

							TIA
							   Regards,
							          dreamwvr@altavista.net

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dreambiz.htm> <mailto:dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available