Re: I want to know "Color Name"

From: Andrew Daviel <andrew@pc-13030.bc.rogers.wave.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:21:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: kaiser@vc-net.or.jp
cc: www-html@w3.org

> Takeshi Etoh <kaiser@vc-net.or.jp> wrote:
>
> > I want to know all "Color name" use to HTML.
> >
> > ex
> >
> > where do I go ?
>
> Take a look at:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#h-6.5
>
> HTML 4.0 supports sixteen color names.  Some user agents might support
> additional color names, but I recommend to use sRGB values instead of
> those non-standard color names (and I also recommend to use style sheets
> rather than HTML markup to specify colors ...).

 ... or http://vancouver-webpages.com/DIY/color.html
(from http://vancouver-webpages.com/DIY/develop.shtml)

Some browsers support the names, but a few not only don't support the
names, but map them to black - giving black text on black background - so
it's best to use the hex values (or style sheets for the newer browsers
...)

Andrew Daviel
Vancouver Webpages